The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is committed to providing a safe, healthy and enjoyable experience for all involved at the Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2020.
The information below provides an overview of measures being implemented by AGPC, as well as some useful information for all patrons.
Whilst the number of cases in Australia remains low, AGPC has been working closely with health authorities to take additional precautions which includes the promotion of practising good health and hygiene measures at all times.
A preparedness and response plan has been developed by AGPC in consultation with health agencies and our partners in emergency services. AGPC is implementing a range of measures for the preparation, planning and response to this issue and will continue to closely monitor the situation.
These measures will focus on increased hygiene practices including:
- Placement of additional handwash stations at F1® Central, Beaurepaires Supercars Village, Versor Innovation & Tech Hub and Legends Lane.
- Hand sanitiser across general public areas, corporate facilities and entertainment precincts.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection programs (in addition to standard operations).
- Promotion of key public health and hygiene messages.
- Increased monitoring, assessment and escalation capabilities and protocols for the response to a potential, suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19).
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure the event is healthy, safe and enjoyable. Please assist us by adopting the following important measures:
- Maintaining a good level of hygiene (handwashing, covering coughs/sneezes).
- Bringing your own hand sanitiser/hand washing products with you to the event and using them regularly.
- Not attending the event if you are unwell.
- Reporting any cases of fever, coughing or other flu-like symptoms immediately to your doctor.
- Visit a first-aid facility if you have any health concerns at the event.
- Visit the DHHS website, which provides important and up-to-date information on coronavirus (COVID-19) at dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water. Hand washing is available in all amenities and handwashing stations are located at F1® Central, Beaurepaires Supercars Central, Versor Innovation & Tech Hub and Legends Lane.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Use hand sanitiser regularly. Hand sanitiser is available for use throughout the venue.
- Shaking hands is optional.
- If you feel unwell, visit a first-aid post. First-aid posts are located at:
- Golf Course precinct
- F1® Central
- Behind Prost Grandstand
- Gate 3
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel unwell.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention.
We trust that this information provides you with an overview of the measures being implemented by AGPC and our commitment to maintaining a safe and enjoyable event experience for all. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support of these measures.