With extra tram services for event days, we’re working alongside Yarra Trams to ensure your journey to the Grand Prix™ is as quick and seamless as possible.
Tram travel to and from the Grand Prix is free for ticket holders and only valid on the day of admission. Trams run to a higher-than-usual frequency. We encourage you to plan your journey and allow extra travel time.
A quick guide on travelling by tram to and from the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit™.
Thursday, 30 March to Sunday, 2 April
Gates 1, 2 and 3
- Extra trams run express between Stop 122 Southern Cross Station and Gates 1 and 2
- Extra trams run express between Stop 122 Southern Cross Station and Gate 3
- Route 96 replacement buses run between a temporary bus stop near Stop 3 William Street & Bourke Street and Stop 138 Luna Park via Casino and Gates 1 & 2
o Passengers can also connect with Route 96 replacement buses from Stop 122 Southern Cross Station on Collins Street.
Friday 31 March to Sunday 2 April
Gate 1, 2 and 3
Grand Prix extra buses run express between a temporary stop in Whiteman Street near Crown Casino:
- Friday 31 March from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Saturday 2 April from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm & 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Sunday 3 April from 7.30 am to 1:00 pm & 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Gates 5, 8, 9 and 10
- Grand Prix extra trams run between Melbourne Central Station via Swanston Street and Flinders Street Station, Federation Square via St Kilda Road, stopping at Gates 5, 8, 9 & 10.
Visit Yarra Trams website for specific service changes: FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2023 - Yarra Trams
Those attending the Grand Prix™, who are required to catch a train, are recommended to either get off at Southern Cross Station or Flinders Street Station, which would then connect to a Tram Service.
- Southern Cross Station: 4 kilometres (2.5 miles) from the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit
- Flinders Street Station: 4.3 kilometres (2.7 miles) from the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit
Taxi ranks are located at Gates 1 and 2 (on Canterbury Road), Gates 3 and 5 (on Albert Road), Gate 8 (on St Kilda Road) and Gate 10 (on Fitzroy Street).
There are designated drop-off and pick-up locations for ride-sharing services.
For fans travelling to the circuit by electric scooter, Neuron and Lime will have dedicated drop-off locations around the circuit. Please note that travel all the way to the gates will be restricted, and fans are asked to store electric scooters in dedicated parking locations. Dedicated parking zones are located at Gates 1, 3, 5, 8 and 10.
Enjoy easy access from two international airports, with excellent transport links across Victoria.
- Melbourne (Tullamarine), Australia - MEL: 29 kilometres (18 miles) from the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit
- Melbourne (Avalon), Australia - AVV: 59 kilometres (37 miles) from the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit
SkyBus (express airport transfers) offers quick and frequent service to Southern Cross Station from Melbourne Airport and Avalon Airport.
Helicopter Joy Flights around the Grand Prix
- Two laps around the circuit: $75.00 per person on Thursday and $105.00 per person Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Scenic helicopter flights can be booked at either the heliport or the ticket sales booth located in Legends Lane, near Gate 1 - look for the little blue and yellow helicopter which marks the location.
The helipad is located near Gate 10 on the Albert Park Circuit. If you have a corporate ticket, you can get to and from the heliport by the corporate shuttle.
For any enquiries or to make a booking, please get in touch with Professional Helicopter Services at +61 3 9580 7433 or email@example.com.